This is a compilation of several videos taken by John Hill in the early 1980s with his video tape camera. At the time, the large O Scale Two Rail Layout was being constructed at Bandana Square.
The Twin City Model Railroad Club – now known as The Twin City Model Railroad Museum, first began in 1934 by meeting at several houses in St Paul.
After World War II the group moved to a large room on the west side of the St. Paul Union Depot and built a large O Scale Layout. The layout was open to the public regularly.
In the 1980’s the Depot closed and the club moved to Bandana Square. It operated there until 2016, when the group moved the layouts and trains to a new location Midway Area.
The Museum is on Transfer Road (Cleveland Ave.) near University Avenue in St Paul.
The Twin City Model Railroad Museum is up and running and is currently operating Saturdays.
The popular Night Trains is running now and will go through April.
Please make reservations in advance on-line as space is limited.
With COVID-19, there is reduced capacity.
Social distancing and masks are required by St. Paul City Ordinance.
John Hill has done a wonderful job of filming model railroads, real railroads and other subjects since the 70s.
John has documented many parts of the Twin Cities and the area with both a video camera and a still camera.
Thank you John!
John has an excellent YouTube Channel – search: jchwayz