Get your free calculators at
Click on “Railroad Resources” in the navigation bar at the top of the web page to access your free model train calculator tools.
These calculators are free to use and will be of help when planning and building model railroad layouts and structures, calculating scale to scale conversion, track slope gradients, train speeds, helix grades, and to calculate scale size comparisons with real sizes.
1. A Scale Conversion Calculator to convert prototype (real) size to the scale size (O scale, HO scale, OO gauge, N scale, Z scale, etc), or for easily converting scale sizes to real sizes.
2. A Scale To Scale Conversion tool to convert inches to metrics, or metrics to feet and inches, and to convert model railroad scales to other scale sizes (e.g. convert HO scale size to OO gauge size, or to N scale)
3. Train Track Grade Calculator tool for calculating track slopes and gradients. You can determine a track grade (slope, gradient) based upon the train track run length and the vertical track rise.
4. Helix Calculator for calculating dimensions of a model railroad helix so as to correctly construct a working model train helix.
5. A Scale Model Train Speed Calculator to measure correct scale speeds for scale model trains to travel the distance from point A to point B.
These 5 model railroad calculators are available free with the compliments of the website. You are welcome to share the website link with other model railroaders or model makers who might find these free calculators of use.