A Brand New Layout – Part 1
This week I made a start on my new layout. The old one is not going anywhere however, and I’ll hopefully be able to combine footage from both to make some interesting videos.
This new layout is an end to end L shape, with a small three road storage yard. After pre-building many of the structures over the last few weeks, I started by laying down some baseboards, nailing down some track and wiring up. Following this, I gave everything a thorough test using my worst performing locos and ironed out any kinks.
It was then a matter of filling in the gaps in the sleepers and making a start on the platforms. There are foam board, with Will’s stone sheet sides stuck on with plaster. In the next video I’ll create the platform surfaces using the same stuff.
That’s about it for this week. A good start I reckon!
As always, thanks for watching.