In this episode, we build the first two of six buildings in our snow diorama featuring the Ski Lodge at Winter Park called the “Balcony House”. This is Part I of a 2 part series. We used Tinkercad and Cura to design and print.
The D&RGW Iron Horse Route is a YouTube channel featuring my N Scale Model Railroad. Whether you are currently a model railroader or are considering getting into the hobby I would like to encourage you to subscribe. Those interested in modeling, engineering, automation, electronics, graphic design, art, sculpting, and/or railroad history will enjoy the videos produced here.
The Denver and Rio Grande Western Iron Horse Route is a N Scale model of the prototype railroad owned and maintained by the D&RGW in the early 1950’s. The trip between Denver’s Union Station and Winter Park, Colorado. The line is still in operation today and is referred to as the “Winter Park Express” or the “Ski Train”. The prototype train typically was an ABB unit with a maximum of 14 cars in length. The trip takes about 2 ½ hours and raises in elevation approximately 4,000 linear feet in 45 miles resulting in a minimum grade of 1.7%. The route passes through the famous Moffat Tunnel directly before exiting into Winter Park. The West portal of the Tunnel is located with ½ Mile of the Iron Horse Resort, resulting in the name of the route.
This channel documents the construction and progression of this layout. Videos will be typically be uploaded on Friday’s bi-monthly. Topics will be bench work, track work, electrical, automation, upgrades, unboxing’s and review’s , live streams, live chats, contests and much more.
Come join the Community Roundhouse LIVE stream the first Wednesday of each month at 7 PM eastern time. Check out the playlist below.
Links to Items, sites and resources used in the filming of this video. (Below)
Iron Horse Wish List
If you are interested in contributing to the channel, please send an email to email@example.com for more information and leave a comment below. Donations are appreciated.
1. Showcase Miniatures 29 – 34 Coupe – N Scale Kit
2. Showcase Miniatures 41 – I Type MOW – N Scale Kit
3. Showcase Miniatures 39 – Flatbed “I” Type – N Scale Kit
4. Walthers Cornerstone N 933-3257 Union Station Kit
5. Walthers Cornerstone N 933-3836 Diamond Coal Corporation Kit
6. Northwest Short Line – The Chopper II — 7 x 7″ 17.8 x 17.8cm Base
7. Woodland Scenics FS639 Static King
8. Kato N 1060425 F7 A/B Diesel Set, Canadian National #9080/9057
9. CMXN N Scale Products Clean Machine Track Cleaning Car (Brass) CMX Products # 226-CMXN
10. Kato 20-283 – Electric Turntable (SCALE=N) Part # 381-20-283
Links to Items, sites and resources used in the filming of this video.
Trucks, Couplers, Wheels and Gauges can be purchased below.
Micro Trains Line of N and Z Scale Products –
Video Production Resources:
RØDE NT-USB Mini –
Dell All-in-One PC –
IPhone 11 Pro –
Video and Image Storage –
Video Editing Software – Davinci Resolve 16 – /