Actual start date: 1/25/18
West Cam: Q
PTZ Cam (Chat): g
Info about the railroad in the area: /
You are welcome to join our family friendly chat, but keep in mind that there’s a community with rules already established. Please check them out below.
This cam is sponsored by the City of Flagstaff. />
Duplication or distribution of our videos is STRICTLY prohibited without permission. Official policy here: g
• Be polite and respectful
• Use English, we need a single language to be able to understand each other. If you’re not fluent, please use a translator such as Google Translate: /
• Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive emojis, letters or characters.
• Don’t discuss politics, religion, race, sex, violence, disturbing details about train or vehicle accidents, or anything like that. We try to be mindful of any children who may be watching.
• Don’t use the terms “foamer” or “foaming” in your comments or your username. Many railfans find them derogatory and offensive.
• The conversation here is trains, and please remember that it needs to come first. Off topic conversation such as music, sports, jokes, etc. is fine, but it must be kept in balance with on topic.
• Please keep conversations of personal issues (medical, domestic, legal, etc.) out of the chat; take it to messaging or email. Remember, you are sharing information with hundreds of people, not just those directly involved in the chat.
• Don’t ask to become a moderator. It’s earned. If we’re interested in your assistance, we will contact you.
• Please don’t use our chats to seek attention, stand on your soapbox, or criticize other people’s presences or contributions. This is not an exclusive club, we try hard to ensure that our chats feel welcoming to anyone who drops by.
• Just be nice, it’s amazing what happens when we’re all nice to each other.
THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED:
• Inappropriate usernames
• Asking for subscriptions (subs)
• Being intentionally disruptive, creating arguments or any other jerk-like behavior
• Not following the moderators’ instructions
• Blocking a moderator (including Nightbot)
ABOUT THIS FEED:
Flagstaff, Arizona, in Northern Arizona, is located on the BNSF Railway’s Seligman Subdivision at milepost 344.2. The Seligman Sub is part of their Southern Transcon, the former Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (AT&SF) mainline between Chicago and Los Angeles.
Amtrak’s “Southwest Chief” passenger train stops here twice daily, as well as 50-70 daily BNSF freight trains. It’s a designated quiet zone, but the crew can use the horns at their discretion.
There is excellent radio coverage,
West Flagstaff: l
Train log: C
Virtual Railfan and our mods are not affiliated with train logs, they are maintained by volunteers. Please reach out to them outside of our chats for more detailed information or to discuss the mechanics of logging. Thanks to everyone who contributes faithfully to it!
When’s the next train? Yeah, we get this a lot. You can figure out the next Amtrak passenger train with this handy link: F
There’s no schedule for freight trains, but some of our more knowledgeable members will provide real-time information when it’s available. Please refrain from asking.
ABOUT VIRTUAL RAILFAN:
Links to the Free VRF YouTube Cams.: l
Links for Virtual Railfan Members: 6
Want to help keep a certain cam on YT or just help us keep things up to date? You can donate here via SuperChat (dollar icon) or at e
Know a good location for a camera? We’d love to hear about it, If you have any contacts in the area, please let us know. Please fill out this form on our website: .
Comments? Send them to email@example.com