N GAUGE MODEL RAILWAY BASICS – INSERTING A POINT.
Please subscribe to this channel if you want to see future OO gauge content. I will post two more OO gauge videos on both channels as a transition period. After that Piccadilly Sidings will ‘fly solo’.
Over the past few months Ive had many appreciative people thanking me for explaining how to do things, so that got me thinking. I had to install these points anyway so thought Id make a video. Indeed any basic task I could show how I go about doing these less exciting, but necessary tasks. Tell me what you think. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING YOU WANT DEMONSTRATING, if Im able and have the time, I will. Just say…
Please understand this isn’t really a layout update as such rather a help guide for someone who is unsure or anxious about the process of inserting a point into previously laid track.
In this video I:
– Identify where I want the points.
– Demonstrate how to mark and cut the track, I do advise a rotary cutting tool like a dremel.
– Briefly explain how to remove the track, briefly as I did this in the last video.
– Demonstrate how to remove the end sleepers (or ties as some people call them).
– Demonstrate how to convert an insulfrog into something similar to an electrofrog.
– Demonstrate how to fit the point.
– Explain briefly how to wire this up with a frog juicer.
– Show the setup running.
If you like what you see you may wish to subscribe to the channel, it is completely free of charge and you can be notified when I upload a video.
Piccadilly Model Railway (N gauge)
Building New Mills Central