Building a successful model railroad of any size will require Passion and Inspiration. If the former two attributes are cultivated, practice and long term engagement will follow. How do I cultivate Passion and Inspiration for the long haul and stay coupled to my Model Railroad? My Personal Psychology & Philosophy to help maintain passion and engagement:
1. Never let a better modeler intimidate you. Convert intimidation into motivation to be better.
2. Use the prototype to inspire Passion and visit (or research about) the railroad as often as you can.
3. Divide your layout into chapters, and then, name them! Focus on one small scene at a time, and stay committed to primary finish on that particular scene – not complete finish – but primary finish.
4. Don’t plan too far ahead and leave a trail of unfinished business that will only build up and become insurmountable burnout – sooner than you think.
5. Don’t stress out over prototype perfection and accuracy which leads to analysis paralysis sucking the joy out of the hobby.
6. Run trains, but stay focused on building the railroad. Building the railroad is foreplay. Running trains is the climax.
7. When you feel overwhelmed, sweep the trains off the layout, clean the track and re-organize the work bench. Come back another day to an empty rail-yard refreshed!
8. Last but not least. If you really love model railroading stop having affairs with other hobbies if you can’t afford the one.
#hoscaletrains #modeltrains #diorama #shelflayout #kitbashing #models
Prototype Sound Recording by Boomer Diorama
DISCLAIMER: I pay for all the products and materials I use in this video content, unless otherwise stated. I do not receive any affiliate sponsorship, fees, funds, support, or gifts from company products, and/or any other companies, (unless otherwise stated). I only endorse products for the benefit of the community and my own personal use, apart from indicated sponsors.